My Mom said it was no surprise when I became a librarian. When I was about 18 months old I would run over to the living room bookshelves and pull every book off the shelf. Of course, I wasn't very good at putting them back. If you ask my library assistant, I didn't get much better at shelving. I don't know if that really was a sign of my occupation, but I do know that I loved my job as a school librarian! In 17 years there was never one day that was ever the same. Each day brought with it new possibilities and opportunities, and I could hardly wait to see what the next day will hold. Now, I'm teaching future school librarians, and I am just as excited about sharing the power and potential of the school library program!
This website gives me a place to share my writing, speaking handouts, and other professional resources. Hopefully some of what I have to share will be of help to other library media professionals! Thanks for visiting!
2017-2018 - Upcoming Events:
- Gaston County Public School, Gastonia, NC - Presenter
- Virginia Association of School Librarians, Chantilly, VA - Presenter
- American Association of School Librarians, Phoenix, AZ - Presenter
- American Library Association - Midwinter, Denver, CO
- Texas Library Association, Dallas, Texas - Presenter
- MIssouri Association of School Librarians, Osage Beach, MO - Keynote